Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Welcome to Balls and Pie

So, welcome to Balls and Pie. If you're looking for what  interesting and exciting sites I can only imagine your unfiltered search engine pointed you at based on the title: sorry, we're a PG, food-only blog here. There's a story behind the name, which is probably only interesting to myself and my brother (hereafter referred to as Balls), but suffice it to say, we're particularly fond of food in ball and/or pie form, and the Balls and Pie venture has been percolating in some form or fashion for a few years now.

This is mostly a space to talk about food - making it or eating it, or whatever. I hope to see Balls and his lovely wife making an appearance, as well as an assortment of guest posters. We'll try to collect good (original) recipes easily available up here, and point you at our favorite meals out.

A bit about me: I love to eat, and I love to cook. I don't claim to be particularly good at the latter, but it's a lot of fun to try interesting things in the kitchen when I can find the time. Around the time I was old enough to be trusted in the kitchen, somebody sat me in front of the old Jenn-Air range with some raw tiger shrimp, Paul Prudhomme's Seafood Magic, and a pan - and have been going ever since. I own three cookbooks - Chef Paul Prudhomme's Lousiana Kitchen, Nobu: The Cookbook, and Michael Symon's Live to Cook, which probably tells you more about where I like to eat than what I cook. And do I expect anybody to really read this? Probably not, but it's fun for me, and will hopefully provide a good reference to my more successful experiments.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Adam! Did you see Julie & Julia???......if you didn't...now you gotta. I knew about Brian's Ball concept; but never new about the "pie" ideals....can't wait to see "what's cookin'"!

    Joy :)

    ReplyDelete